June is over already and wow, what a month it was! With the hustle and bustle of school ending, registering for summer camp, preparing for summer vacation, etc. it went by super fast. Now that July 4th weekend is upon us, there are few things that some of you need to know, especially if you’re new to Valley Stream or have never been to our fireworks.
A few quick tips I have to share:
- Purchase your tickets ahead of time. Don’t wait until the 4th because most ticket locations will be closed that day. (You can pick up tickets at Mia Bella Boutique on Rockaway Ave. and at Paramount Physical Therapy which are two businesses owned by Valley Stream Moms.)
- Yes, you can purchase tickets at the door, but you run the risk of getting shut out. A limited number are available.
- It’s worth it watching the ‘works inside the gates because you can sprawl out on the lawn with a blanket, snacks, and your family. You can’t do that in the street. (read what it says about coolers…)
- Bring your own glow-in-the-dark stuff because the street sellers jack up their prices and you know you’re kid’s going to want you to buy them something.
- Arrive early so you can get a parking spot. You can read the street closures and all of that in the links below.
- Watching the Valley Stream fireworks hosted by the VS Chamber of Commerce is one of the highlights of the town. Everyone comes out including our friends in neighboring communities. It’s actually the best show in town.
Will you be at the fireworks this weekend?
Join my list and grab a free copy of the VS Mom's Kid's Guide
Subscribe and receive your FREE VS Mom's Kid's Guide filled with important information for you and your family.