While I’m not quite ready to say goodbye to meat, I am ready to really watch what I eat. As I inch further and further away from my 20s….okay 30s….and a few more years, I’m realizing that it’s important to really watch what you take in. Some of the folks I went to high school with are experiencing health issues, and I really want to stay ahead of anything that could come my way.
I will disclose that I am on medication for acid reflux and was placed on a strict diet last year. Last summer I stuck to the diet because I was scared to eat pretty much everything. But I’ve learned to cheat and then gradually got away from the diet and now 15 pounds heavier, here I am.
I have always been the smallest in my immediate family and still am, but when your father asks, “Are you putting on weight?” it’s time to do something about it.
I was encouraged to begin meal planning after watching Tiffany from “The Daily Davidsons” on YouTube which I love to watch in my spare time. I’m sticking to what I know how to cook easily and will eventually try out some new recipes, but be sure to follow me on Instagram for the quick pics before the blog posts come out. Oh, and be sure to join my new Facebook group://www.facebook.com/groups/300771593607637/”>Facebook group here where we will help keep each other motivated while living a healthy lifestyle.
Here are a few veggie dishes to help us all in our journey to living a healthier lifestyle.
1. The Comfort of Cooking – Italian Mac and Cheese Stuffed Peppers
2. Amy’s Healthy Baking – Skinny Kale & Butternut Squash Quiche
3. Yes to Yolks – Farro Grain Bowls with Roasted Fruit & Feta Cheese
4. Yellow Bliss Road – One Pan Lemon, Ricotta and Kale Pasta
5. Southern in Law – Avocado and Basil Spaghetti
6. Slap Dash Mom – Protein Packed Macaroni Casserole
7. Bake Your Day – Roasted Butternut Squash Tacos with Caramelized Onions & Parmesan Recipe
8. Baked Bree – Greek Spinach Feta Burgers with Cucumber Yogurt Sauce
9. Melissa’s Cuisine – Pesto Pasta with Peas and Sundried Tomatoes
10. Brown Eyed Baker – Broccoli Cheese Soup
11. The Comfort of Cooking – Southwestern Stuffed Bell Peppers
12. Delish Knowledge – Vegetarian Chili with Creamy Polenta
13. Fit Foodie Finds – Sweet Potato Spinach Lasagna
14. The Marvelous Misadventures of a Foodie – Vegetarian French Onion Soup
15. Amy’s Healthy Baking – Skinny Kale & Tomato Quiche
16. Yes to Yolks – Lentil Soup with Poached Egg & Spiced Oil Drizzle
17. Yellow Bliss Road – Sweet Corn Chowder
18. Southern in Law – Watermelon and Feta Couscous Salad
19. Slap Dash Mom – Greek Style Pizza Recipe
20. Bake Your Day – Black Bean Burgers
21. Baked Bree – Tortilla Soup
22. Brown Eyed Baker – Garden Zucchini Pizza Casserole
23. The Comfort of Cooking – Hearty Vegetarian Chili with Polenta Cakes
24. Delish Knowledge – Slow Cooker Red Beans and Rice
25. Fit Foodie Finds – Thai Basil Veggie Stir Fry Nakano
26. Bake Your Day – Butternut Squash Lasagna with Spinach and Sage
27. The Marvelous Misadventures of a Foodie – Black Bean Burgers
Which of these recipes would you try?
Mom Blogger turned Stay-At-Home-Mom Strategist at www.KimberlyLThomas.com. Reality TV junkie. Wife. Moscato. Mother of 2. Loves Mondays and dancing and singing to 80s/90s music.